Friday, January 15, 2010

I have a broken toenail & am running into some major annoyances.?

I had a minor accident... I rammed my toe into a chair over the weekend, which broke the nail in the middle. It hurt %26amp; bled that day %26amp; was kinda sore the next. It felt fine the day after, so no problem I was hoping. However after ramming it hard again (cuz it's kinda hard not to), it affected the rest that was still attached. Now the whole nail is sticking straight up, like a bloody puppet (literally)! It's not bleeding too badly now, just drains if I walk on it too much. Needless to say it looks gross, it's kind of embarrassing, uncomfortable to put pants on, %26amp; I can only wear flip flops with latches that I can swing open. If I press down on the it, it's very sore. I'm trying to keep it clean, putting peroxide, neosporin, etc. But I don't even know how I should cover it cuz I put gauze on it yesterday, only for it to get stuck! What should I do, wait for it to fall off, or is there a way to expedite the time to fall off? How long to grow back, risk of infection, etc? HelpI have a broken toenail %26amp; am running into some major annoyances.?
Go to the doctor and have it removed. It should only take a couple weeks to grow back if only some of the nail is damaged. You should definately get it bandaged to prevent the risk of infection and wearing flip-flops is good because then your toe won't feel like it's being squeezed and hopefully people will see your injured toe and be more careful not to step on it or drop things on it which can unfortunately hurt a lot more in flip-flops.I have a broken toenail %26amp; am running into some major annoyances.?
Can you press the nail down, and then cover it with a band-aide? Also, stop using the peroxide! Continuous use of peroxide can actually eat away at tissue.
Have your toe amputated
Go to the Dr and have the dead part of the nail removed if it has to be. They will also give you an antibiotic.


I had it happen to a finger once and having the nail removed helps.


Good Luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment