Thursday, January 21, 2010

Injured toenail question?

about 20 years ago, i dropped a can on my great toe and ever since then the nail has been brittle and miscolored. I stubbed my toe really hard once and the entire nail fell off and when it grew back it was still brittle and miscolored. Is there anything I can do to make it look normal? I have never worn sandals or shoes that show my toes because of this!Injured toenail question?
If you go to the doctor, they will want to remove it, and then hope a better one grows in. That usually does not happen. I had my big toe slammed in the door when I was 4. It was always ugly, discolored and didn't grow right. It did fall off back then. I kept them polished always. In my 20's I started using the 3-way buffer to smooth it out and shine it. I think the oxygen helped it. It did start growing and looking normal.. You can't tell it was ever weird. I have kept it up another 20+ years, and it still looks great. I now use the nail file for acrylic nails, (it's super rough, and sands it down fast) smooth the whole nail out with that first, then use the 3-way nail buffer stick to polish it. I get them at Sally's, the beauty supply store, for a buck.Injured toenail question?
Go to the doctor
have you tried going to the foot doctor and asking him
go to the doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment