Saturday, January 23, 2010

I stubbed my toe real hard. It's bleeding somewhat under the toenail. Dark red color. Will I lose the toenail?

The toe still hurts alot after a few hours. I remember one time I got two fingers caught in the garage door and I ended up losing those fingernails about a week later. When the toenail bleeds underneath, do you always end up losing it?I stubbed my toe real hard. It's bleeding somewhat under the toenail. Dark red color. Will I lose the toenail?
You shouldn't lose the nail if it did not peel back; ice it down for a while if you haven't already and keep it elevated. It will be bruised but you shouldn't lose the nail. The bruise mark and blood mark will grow out naturally.I stubbed my toe real hard. It's bleeding somewhat under the toenail. Dark red color. Will I lose the toenail?
no you wont lose it my stubbed her toe and broke her toe and she did nothing to it and it is fine
Yes you wil lbut it will grow back I would go get it checked out


I have done that and it was black n blue for awhile, and then your nail will fall off but it does grow back mine did.
yep. You will this time. If you hit it farther back you won't but on the end yes definitely.
Not always. Keep under the toenail clean. That's the last place you want an infection to start.
No, sometimes it's just bruising. Eventually it'll heal and go away, or grow out. However, if it goes black at all, you might lose it.
if it gets really bad and pus collects under the nail heat a pin and stick it through the nail, if you do loose it, it will take about a month to grow/fall off
not always, depends on how bad it is bleeding, if your toenail starts to change colors then you'll probably lose it. ouch! sorry!
Ice and painkillers, it will sort itself out.

1 comment:

  1. why in world did you do that? are you insane?.. better go to a doctor it might be infected..

    yellowing of the toenails

    ReplyDelete