Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ladies - It seems pretty common that women paint their toenails, but not their fingernails. Why is that?

Pedicures are a treat - whether you give them to yourself or go to a salon...it's taking time to give your hard-working feet some attention and care. Because most pedicured-gals wear shoes during the day (and sometimes socks), the polish lasts longer as it is protected against chips and nicks by cushioning and protective edges of shoes. Relatively speaking, toes have it easy, and a well-applied pedicure looks good for weeks, and can be retouched easily (not many people are close enough to notice ';blotchy'; repairs).





Fingers are in harms' way every day, all day - in the water, fussing with keyrings, keyboards, microscopes, gears, peeling fruit and dialing cell phones. Each of these ';hits'; on a nail can chip the polish, which makes a nice manicure look undone, and create the impression that you don't care about your look. It's harder to keep hands ';safe'; from these chips, so most gals opt for plain, clear, or light colors on hands - fresh, natural, and clean looking (vs. chipped or stained from polish at the edges.). Additionally, many professionals (medical esp.) need to keep their nails short and ';transparent';...germs hide behind long nails (esp. acrylic ones if they're not maintained well), and it's mandatory to have sanitary hands (esp. in these days of super-germs).





It's personal preference but influenced, I think, largely by practical concerns. A night out might mean colored nails and toes, but for work - clean hands with plain nails mean business and are easiest to care for. (note - this is from an American perspective - may be different for other cultures)Ladies - It seems pretty common that women paint their toenails, but not their fingernails. Why is that?
I don't know but im weird, I don't like how my toes look when they are painted, but I will paint my fingernails.Ladies - It seems pretty common that women paint their toenails, but not their fingernails. Why is that?
mostly because a lot of women have a job...a good job...and wearing pink, blue, yellow, green, orange..etc...makes professionally women look juvenile. get the pic?? and when you have a nice french manicure..it looks nice. but when you have crazy colors on your toes..no one cares. no one looks. so it doesn't really matter. and also...crazy colored finger nails look really trashy!!
It's easier to paint your toenails. And it stays on longer.
probably because feet are pretty ugly things, so a touch of nail colour makes them look a little prettier !!!! Why on earth would you ask this question anyway ? ha ha
Actually, I do the opposite, I paint my fingernails more.
When you paint your fingernails, you can't do anything with your hands for a few minutes. Try it yourself sometime--no, I don't mean paint your nails, but try to not use your hands for ten minutes. It's really annoying that you can't do anything, even scratch your nose or any little things like that very easily. Also, fingers look fine if they are unpainted--toes look kind of ugly with no color. Fingernail polish chips and gets scratched much more easily, too, because you are constantly doing stuff with your hands.
Like the other women said... it is an issue of convenience... And it lasts longer... Also... in my experience... about 70 percent of women think they have ugly feet... So I guess in a way, toenail polish helps that...
Paint on the nails comes off too easily...it chips and looks nasty. If you paint your toes it stays on longer and if it starts to chip and you don't have time to reapply polish, you can just cover it up with socks/shoes. Plus its alot more fun somehow...
Finger polish wears off quickly.
Because most women don't know the secret products used that make a manicure last as long as a pedicure, well, almost. I'm suprised the OEMs for Seche Vite and Orly Bonder Base coat seem to like it that way.
this is because we use our hands everyday to do many things so paint gets chipped and ruined easily. we are not hands-on with our feet because well..their our feet. we dont use them the same way we use our hands. hope i could help!
I paint both! I am a little worried why you care anyways.
I do this. I don't do anything with my finger nails. I don't get them done, I don't polish them...not even with a clear coat. I cut them and buff them. I do so much with my hands (we all do), that I can't stand to look at chipped nail polish or a broken/missing acrylic nail.





I polish my toe nails with black or wine colored nail polishes...I like the sexy look of them. Pink nail polish and french tipped toes WEIRD ME OUT in the biggest way. Toe nail polish hardly ever chips since they are mostly in shoes.
toe painting is fun, nail painting is fun also but comes off much easier and is a pain when it chips
Finger nail polish easily chips off, but when you put it on your toenails it lasts longer, if your fingernails have polish on them and just a little bit chips off you are going to take it off, it's just an issue of convenience.
The paint stays on longer on the toes... mine always peel off when I paint my fingernails.

No comments:

Post a Comment