Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What happens when a toenail...?

My toe got stepped on( more like pounced on) a month ago and within a couple of days, the whole side of that nail could be lifted. I've been checkin it periodically and its been fine other than it being purple when it happend. Today the nail fell off and so now my big toe is exposed. I was wanting to know if I need to keep it wrapped or what? Is it dangerous to leave it exposed?What happens when a toenail...?
I had a similar thing happen. A can of pop fell of a shelf in the fridge onto my big toe. I had girl scout camp that week and I still wanted to go, so I did, but it felt so much better when I just elevated it so I would recommend that. Eventually my toenail fell off (after it turned purplish blue of course) and I never cleaned or wrapped it or anything. The toenail took a while to grow back and it grew in kind of weird and mangled at first, but it fixed itself I guess and now it is fine. That was about two years ago. Your toe should be fine, just make sure you don't get it stepped on or anything like that.What happens when a toenail...?
its not dangerous, but you can put a band aid over the exposed part if it is sensitive. my little toe nail fell off and i covered it for the first few days because it was uncomfortable. your nail will start to grow back soon.
I had this happen and suggest you keep it wrapped because the skin is healing and susceptible to abrasions.
nail be will be tender until nail grows back in but as long as it shows no signs of infection should be alright uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment