Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ingrown Toenail surgery?

I have two ingrown toenails (1 on each big toe) because i used to play soccer. Now they are both infected pretty badly and i know i will have to get them removed and treated. I have never had surgery or any other kind of procedure and i was wandering what happens. Please help, i was never a big fan of needles or doctors so it would help if i knew what was going to happen. ThanksIngrown Toenail surgery?
hello,


I think I can help when I was younger maybe 14 I had Allot of trouble with both my big toes like you and had to see a podiatrist he 1st gave me a antibiotic to make the infection go away and after that he operated on them it didn't hurt that much he used a local to numb it so you don't feel anything so if you can stand that you'll be ok and i had to stay off my feet witch made me happy cuz i didn't go to school hehehe after sometime though they came back am not sure if that happen to you so the doctor went in and had to remove the root from the inner part of both my big toes I was scared but after wards you cant even tell and haven't had any problems since he did that! maybe that will be you're best option go see a podiatrist and if this is a recurring problem ask him about removing the root don't worry it doesn't hurt and after a week you will be all better tc best of health ryIngrown Toenail surgery?
My husband had the toenail surgery where they remove the nail on the sides so that they don't grow back. They did not take the whole nail off. He got one shot in each toe to numb it. It hurts once the numbing wears off but the doctor gave him some good pain killers.
have you tried cutting a V in the middle of each nail? my husband has bad ingrowns too and he tried this and the nails slowly started to grow away from the sides and doesn't hurt him as much any more.





good luck though if you do need the surgery!
Unfortunately, I can't tell you there won't be any needle sticks. As I see it, you need to get help now before the infection gets worse. The surgery is minor and you will be sore for a while but will be glad you had it.
talk to your podiatrist about the upcoming surgery. do not leave the office until you understand everything the doctor tells you.

No comments:

Post a Comment