Friday, January 15, 2010

My son's toenail is coming off?

My son hit his toenail about a month ago. The toenail turned purple(dried blood). Now the toenail is coming off. He tells me it doesn't hurt but is that normal? It only hurts when he tries to put his shoes or if I gently touch it. Is the nail suppose to come off on its own? Please advise.My son's toenail is coming off?
its fine. when i was little i dropped a bike on my toe. it did the same thing. for a month it was loose, then one day it just fell off. it grew back soon after it fell off. he will be fine!





hope i helped! :)My son's toenail is coming off?
Its ok. The nail was damaged and will grow back. Trim the nail the best that you can to prevent the nail from being accidentally ripped off from the socks or shoes. You might want to keep it taped or a band-aid on it.
The toenail is supposed to come off on its own. When it is ready, it will come off. I would keep on trimming it kind of short so it doesn't et caught on things. Also, keep a bandage/band-aid on it.
The toenail will grow back in time. The pain will go away because I had my toenail come off too.

No comments:

Post a Comment