Friday, January 15, 2010

My Boxer's toenail fell off! re-grow??

She hurt her paw a couple weeks ago %26amp; we took her to the vet who xray'd it and bandaged it.. said it should be fine.


About a week after we took off the bandages her toenail fell off. It seems fine, its not red or swollen and she isn't messing with it like she was before it fell off. My question is.. will it grow back?My Boxer's toenail fell off! re-grow??
I am sure it will. My dog has lost one before and she is fine and has all her toenails now.My Boxer's toenail fell off! re-grow??
Yes the nail portion will re-grow.


It may take a few months to grow back but it will return.


My dog has problems with his splitting and they have had to sedate him and remove portions of the hard outer part.


It always grow back.


As he is getting older he seems to have less problems with them and they hard nail part seems to be getting thicker and more durable.
Yes, it should definitely grow back. It is a good sign it is no longer red or swollen. Continue with any medication as prescribed by your veterinarian based on the label, if you were given any.





She's probably not messing with it any longer because the pain and inflammation have finally subsided.





Great news.

No comments:

Post a Comment