Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My dogs toenail has been black for a month now. As far as I know he hasnt hurt it. Why is this happening?

i noticed that with my dog it was clear then it started to get darker and now it's black and has been for many years. i think it's a transition from puppy stage to adult dog, i wouldn't worry about it.My dogs toenail has been black for a month now. As far as I know he hasnt hurt it. Why is this happening?
Don't worry. It's just changing. Dogs don't have to have one color toenails. Nothings wrong. Happy New Year!My dogs toenail has been black for a month now. As far as I know he hasnt hurt it. Why is this happening?
Because it is dirty and my dogs toenails are black do not worry.
was it black before? or did you just cut its nail and then it turned black? try to think of a time your dog rammed its toe to something, or someone stepped on its toe, or something fell on it. But most importantly, take it to the vet for examination.
It is normal for dogs' toenails to be black or white. There's nothing wrong with them.
yeah my dogs are like that too..he just has to grow out of them, could be banging them but it doesn't hurt him
Maybe he drinks too much chocolate milk!
It is totally normal for some dogs of certain breeds to have black nails, or some black and some white. You just have to be extra careful when trimming them.
its natural don't worry
I dunno...... you tell me!!!
i wouldn't worry about it. most of my dog's toenails started out as white when she was a puppy, but grew black eventually. a couple of her toenails are half black half white, it's perfectly natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment