Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ingrown toenail assistance?

My son gets ingrown toenail all the time on both big toes. This will be 5th time that he will get his toenails cut. Can anyone help me with why this keeps happening? The nails are long.The nails arent too short. The toe gets infected and swollen. Is there anyway to stop this from happening? He is 13.Ingrown toenail assistance?
I'm a podiatry student but I am in Australia! We have to do what is called a Partial Nail Avulsion once in the next year! What is the PNA? Well, you have little strips down the side of the nail that has the 'ingrown' bit cut out, and the nail bed at the end is draubed with phynol, and about 1mm dies. You have a narrower toe nail, but no more ingrown. Do have a podiatrist do it. we have seen nasty attempts by M.Ds.


The little v cut out helps, and cutting and rounding off the corners is good too.....





I love this job!Ingrown toenail assistance?
I actually have ingrown toenails as well. It try to cut the toenail that's bothering me by going under the skin and clipping it, and frequently clipping it to keep it short. That's how I do it, but there are multiple ways. You can ask a doctor and they'll do a surgery for him.
Cut a little ';V'; in the middle of his toenail when trimming
  • beauty secrets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment