Sunday, January 17, 2010

How can I numb an ingrown toenail, before I dig it out?

I have a HORRIBLE ingrown toenail, and it is very painful. I am just going to dig it out, but I can't seem to get it before writhing in pain. It there any way I could numb it before undergoing this process? maybe would a topical anesthetic work? I have tried ice and hot water and neither have helpedHow can I numb an ingrown toenail, before I dig it out?
Don't try and dig it out. Even if you succeed in getting out the piece that's ingrowing, you won't be able to get at the nail matrix, so it will just come back.


Either go to the doctor to have it removed professionally, or try some home treatment. Step-by-step instructions here: http://firstaid.webmd.com/ingrown_toenai鈥?/a>


with more information here: http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-t鈥?/a>How can I numb an ingrown toenail, before I dig it out?
my mother, a nurse use to dig out splinters from under my fingernails by tightly wrapping a strong rubber band around my finger to cut off circulation which in turn numbs it, so try the same,, its not totally painless but helps.
~~You may have an infection and if ice didn't work, there is nothing else that I know of that will work. You are way better off just getting to the doc, the longer you wait-the worse it's gonna get. Good luck!~~
You need to see a doctor. There is a lot more to this than simply diggin it out. Even if you are VERY flexible, it would be very difficult to do a good job of this on yourself.
get a doctor to do it. I had one removed last year and even with the freezing it was very painful. half the nail had to come off.
Go to a doctor - I've had ingrown (big toe) nails removed twice - each time it wasn't any picnic - I tried to do it myself but only made it worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment