Sunday, January 17, 2010

Has anyone ever had ingrown toenail surgery? How was it?

Now..don't scare me.


I have to get this surgery, it begins with a ';W';. Its where they cut off some skin from my toes, cut off the sides of my toes and the root.Has anyone ever had ingrown toenail surgery? How was it?
I have never had this particular toenail operation but i did have to get a more minor ingrown toenail removal. My dad on the other hand did have to get this surgery. He said the most painful part of the surgery is probably the shots you get. judging from the pain i had from the one shot i got for my ingrown removal i would have to agree. He had to get 4 shots all around the toe. And there is some Post removal pain but the pain from the surgery is well worth it not to have to deal with ingrown toenail any more.Has anyone ever had ingrown toenail surgery? How was it?
I have never needed surgery, but I have had to undergo a few hours of painful treatment in a hospital.


I sympathize with you, I know how bad it can get.
My husband had the ingrown toenail surgery on both big toes. It sure put an end to all the pain and reoccurring toenail problems he put up with for years pre-surgery. The post-surgery nail that remains looks a little weird but it's sure worth the trade off not to have the health risk associated with ingrown toenails.

No comments:

Post a Comment