Friday, January 15, 2010

My bunny's toenail broke help!? Vet Assistance please!?

I have a boy rabbit under 3 yrs old, he came inside today and he climbed up the carpet stairs fast and his toenail got hung on the carpet. It is not bleeding, but broken all the way to to skin and he keeps licking it, bathing it and sometimes be has been trying to get it off himself. I have already put peroxide on it, like you are supposed to do, but I need further help. What do I need to do to get it healed and not get infected?My bunny's toenail broke help!? Vet Assistance please!?
sorry its time for HasenpfefferMy bunny's toenail broke help!? Vet Assistance please!?
Hi. Don't panic. I 've had pet bunnies for years, and this has happened to them a few times. As long as it's not bleeding, it will be fine, and the nail will grow back. Keep an eye on it just in case, but it should be fine. My dwarf bunny got her nail stuck on a cardboard box ( she likes to play in them ), and she pulled her leg, and ripped her nail off, and it started to bleed like crazy. I just put pressure on it until it stopped, and her nail did grow back. I'm sure he'll be fine. Take care :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment