Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Have A Black Toenail?

A couple of months ago I dropped something on my big toe, and it bled underneath the toenail.





It hurt like mad but I just left it, and the next day I noticed it was black. I think it's dried blood trapped under the nail.





I've not bothered about it for months and it doesn't hurt or anything. Is it ok just to leave it or should it be checked out?





Thanks.I Have A Black Toenail?
it's a dead toenail. it will naturally grow out. it'll take time, but it don't need nothing unless it gets puss filled or just abnormal- you know red-swollen, or hurts....just leave it alone-there is no emergency here-you have had it for months...I Have A Black Toenail?
The same thing happened to me. I didn't get it checked out. I just left it alone. It started growing on it's own so when it was long I would clip parts of it. One time when I was clipping it the whole black part fell out on its own. My nail grew back regular.
While I'm no Doctor, I don't see any reason to worry. A few years back I had a similar experience and after a few months the black toenail fell off as the new toenail grew in underneath it and pushed the old one out.


As long as there is no sign of infection around the toe I wouldn't worry about it.
Ha...Na.... you need to go get that checked you might have an infection and your toe may be rotting day by day
I think you'll be fine and that it will fall off pretty soon. If you would have gone to the doctor when it first happened they would have made a small hole in it to release the pressure of the blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment