Sunday, January 17, 2010

Can any medical professionals here tell me why my toenail would be bruised when I didn't hit it or injure it?

My big toe is bruised under the nail and I haven't injured it at all. It has been this way for a couple of weeks now. It doesn't hurt, it just looks like it does. Any ideas? Any dangers?Can any medical professionals here tell me why my toenail would be bruised when I didn't hit it or injure it?
If I were you I would see a doctor. Here no one can tell you not even a doctor because such things must be seen and examined. Anyway I hope that will heal soon.Can any medical professionals here tell me why my toenail would be bruised when I didn't hit it or injure it?
Did you go to the doc? and what was the outcome? i have bruises on both my big toes' nails towards the inside and i also never injured them!

Report Abuse



Perhaps it is a fungal infection rather than a bruise.
Are you diabetic?





The feet are usually the first part of the body to become desensitized when people have diabetes. (I know, I have diabetes) So perhaps you hurt it and don't 'feel' it...





Not trying to scare you, just share what I know.





I hope this isn't the case for you.





Alternatively, perhaps you have a fungal infection?





Best of Luck to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment