Friday, January 15, 2010

Uh..something weird is going on with my toenail..help?

So a few weeks ago my toe started hurting, and then my nail started turning blueee. I really have no idea what i did to the toe for it to do this..but it hurt like a ***** for a while...and I think volleyball made it worse. but finally i believe that its starting to heal because its just gone a greyish-yellow color. but yeah, so i was cutting my toenails, and i noticed that the nail was like..not attached to the nail bed except for on the three edges. This is kinda freaking me out...i mean, i could stick the little nail-picker thingy down in between the nail and the bed (i did it real carefully, and it didnt hurt). also, the bed has become kinda hard...


whats going on with my toe?!! it looks nasty annd i've never had this happen before.Uh..something weird is going on with my toenail..help?
same thing happened to my fingernail. what happened is that you smashed it somehow and the old toenail is falling off thats why it was turning blue. now what is happening is that a new nail is growing back to replace the one that is falling off. give it time and the new nail will be there soon.Uh..something weird is going on with my toenail..help?
You bruised the nail to the point that it bled (the bruising) and has separated from the nail bed. Now you know why it hurt so darn much.





The nail will grow out from the cuticle normally. The nail that is there may detach from one or both sides and just hang there. You may want to trim that off so you don't catch it and rip it.
ew me too. it could be fungus, or something else. you must have dropped something on it.
You damaged the original nail, so it fell off, but it always seems to hang around long enough so the new one growing from the cuticle bed is semi-hard before it releases. Otherwise the new one would be likely get injured easily.





I've had the same thing from running alot.
See a foot doctor. soon
You say it turned blue,eh?My advice would be don't let anyone step on your';blue suede shoes';,it can cause this to happen and is extremely painful:)
You might want to see a podiatrist about this.
You somehow damaged your nail bed probably with some trauma? Do you remember banging it?





Anyway -- your toenail lifted from the nail bed and now the nail bed has healed under the damaged part of the nail. Go ahead and cut away that part of the nail - or leave it for now if you like. Eventually it will grow out and be ok.





I noticed about a month ago while stretching that one of my toenails was connected only on one side. Have no clue what I did -- no trauma that I remember and no pain. I just cut it away and there was already a new nail growing under it.





I have had this twice before, but I did major damage to it and knew when I did it . (major pain)
Ouch. I wish I could tell you. I had an ingrown toenail removed before but that was obvious. When you're saying that your toenail is dettached in one corner, that's strange. Sounds like what happens when you crush your nail....and then it tries to heal, but the area is already dead. You might expect your nail to fall out. But I'm no pediatrist. Go see one.
You have somehow damaged your nail cuticle. Whats happening is another nail is growning underneath. Eventually you will lose that nail. Not a biggie, except no sandles for a while.
Might be toenail fungus. hard to tell from here though...

No comments:

Post a Comment