Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ingrown Toenail?

I have had two ingrown toenails on each side of my left big toe and one on the left side of my right big toe.





I'm starting to have an ingrown on the right side of my right toe. I don't wear my shoes much but when I do, I can tell it gets worse.





Right now, when I use pressure and press up on the skin where it is, it stings.





What should I do about this if I don't want to go to the doctors or cut anything, besides getting new shoes?Ingrown Toenail?
I think you've answered your own question. There is nothing you can do without going to a doctor or self-treating the toenails (which is strongly not recommeded) other than wear shoes that will not push into your toenails.








But remember, if you cut the skin and don't treat it, the cuts can grow deeper and deeper and possibly get infected. This would not be good. . .Ingrown Toenail?
You'll just have to suffer until you break down and have the doctor cut 'em out. Trust me.
If it is ingrown then you need to go get it worked on or it will grow thru your foot. I have problems with this myself and I usually wear shoes for wide feet and I am one of those ppl who have to wear socks and sandals in cool weather. I know it looks stupid but I would rather look stupid than have an ingrown toenail. For immediate relief soak your feet twice a day in salt water for about 20 minutes and gently file the part of the nail that is ingrowing if you can get to it. Make a doc appt asap. You don't want that puppy infected.
Visit a surgeon.


A small operation to be done.
OUCH! I get them and I get a pair of really sharp tonail scissors......the small ones.......get the blade in there under the nail and cut the ingrown part out! It's gonna hurt.......but you will feet great relief when it's done! I need to do the same! LOL





Ginarene7......what does the v shape wedge do? cause the nail to grow in towards the center? I'll try it. Thanks.
You SHOULD go to a podiatrist (foot doctor) who will be able to cut out the ingrown nail and give you advice on how to avoid them in the future. If you do not, chances are you will eventually have infections which will be very painful and will require more severe treatment.





God Luck!!
New shoes WOULD help, but to relieve pressure right now, cut a 'V' shaped wedge at the center of the end of the toenail.
go to the dr.


i had the same thing.


he nums the toe.


then cuts the nail
Sorry to tell you, but you are going to HAVE to go to the doctor. If you don't the toenail will become infected (if it's not already), and could lead to a blood infection, and ultimately amputation. Or the flesh that is ingrown could become what is called ';proud flesh';, and this means that is has begun to die and will literally rot. The procedure for removing ingrown toenails can be painful, but you can take over the counter analgesics for pain, and it won't last long. Please don't let it get any worse. Good luck to you.
you need to go to the doctors and so that your other toenails don't get ingrown cut your toenails more often. hope this helps
Sounds like you are cutting your toenails at an angle instead of straight across.





Soak your feet in some warm water and epsom salts for about 10 - 15 minutes. Then use some good toenail clippers (not fingernail....) and cut STRAIGHT across.





That should eliminate the stinging.





If you can't get them straight, you may have to go to a podiatrist (foot doctor) and have him cut the way they should be.
My mom used to get those a lot.





When you cut your nails, cut them straight across so the edges there are not back far enough to grow into the flesh, but the edges are past the flesh part. Lift up the edges of the toenail enough to put a little piece of cotton under the edge and that will keep it lifted up so it can grow out. If you can't lift the edge cuz it is grown in too much then try soaking for a bit to soften the flesh and remove the dead skin or callous that is over the edge of the nail. Sometimes people say that my toenail looks funny cut straight across instead of rounded, but I don't care.





http://familydoctor.org/208.xml

No comments:

Post a Comment