Sunday, January 17, 2010

Has anyone had ingrown toenail surgery?

I'm going to have ingrown toenail surgery in a couple days. The doc said the recovery is worse than the surgery itself. Has anyone had this surgery? If so, please describe and share some use full tips.


thanks a bunch! :)Has anyone had ingrown toenail surgery?
The surgery itself is pretty quick, and your toe is numbed up. The doc just goes in, clips the edges of the offending nail, and makes sure it can't grow back on the edges (I don't remember how). It took no more than 15 minutes. After the surgery, like most surgeries, the recovery is a little painful. I would recommend the neosporin with pain reducer. My doctor had me use bits of cotton ball to pack under the nail edge for the first few days, and I found that actual cotton as opposed to the synthetic fiber ones you see in some stores worked best. Also, most importantly, wear wide-toed shoes after the surgery for a while. I was able to wear sandals if I had socks on, as well (foxy, huh.) The recovery is worse than the surgery, but even the pain of the recovery was better than what having (sometimes infected) ingrown toenails had felt like. Plus, there's light at the end of the tunnel with the recovery. :) I had mine years ago, and haven't had an ingrown toenail since.Has anyone had ingrown toenail surgery?
Yeah...a couple of times....it doesn't really hurt....they numb up the toe so you don't feel anything.....it actually hurt me more before the surgery since it hurt everytime it touched something....





It takes a couple of days to heal...mostly icing it the night the procedure is done and keeping your foot up





the next couple of days you have to soak it and put medicine on the cut





Not really a big deal at all





Good luck
the worst part was pulling the wick out....they must tuck something like 3 feet of it inside the toe.you gotta pull it out yourself.
I had taken it out without surgery. **** it hurt like hell
ouch it hurts when you take a shower the water falling on the live flesh
Yes, wasn't bad. I had no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment