Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fixing ingrown toenail at home?

okay so i have 3 ingrown toenails right now. on one both of my big toes and one next to my big toe. so how do i fix it at home. i read some solutiong on yahoo answer but i need details. so i read that you put cotton under the nail but do you leave it there the whole day or what? and i have been cutting the side and it helped the pain but it comes back. how do i get rid of my ingrown nailFixing ingrown toenail at home?
i've had many of these problems (even now) so heres how i fix my toenail: usually the pain is at a specific spot. Its becuase a corner of a toenail is pushing into ur skin really hard. It might even be bleeding at that point. But you have really got to push past the pain and stick some gauze (thats what the doctor told me to stuff under it to fix it) under that point of contact. Gauze or cotton, whatever you have on you. I suggest using something really flat to push in the cotton/gauze like a fingernail clipper addon thing (it's used to remove crap under your nail) I hope this helps, if not at least i tried





After u stick it in there, the pain should feel slightly better, but not completely. Probbaly cuz it was bleeding and now its a scab and ur cotton thing is pushing against it, which is much better than having that sharp corner pushing against itFixing ingrown toenail at home?
I have had the same problems (right now actually) but I have had surgerys and have tryed many things and nothing is working for me so I'm not much help, but I just wanted to tell you about this thing that I am trying, its this nailease ingrown toenail brace. Its about $15. worth a shot, anything to get rid of the pain. good luck.
I can suggest two things. Soak in epsom salt to help pain and trimming while soft from water is easier. *mamatx

No comments:

Post a Comment