Sunday, January 17, 2010

Missing toenail problem?

I lost my big toenail due to a fungas infection,I've had a tip on treating it by soaking feet in Listerine mouthwash until the nail grows back which I am going to try...now I have the problem of wearing summer sandals,it looks so unsightly,does anyone have a tip on how to make it look pretty,so I don't have to put on a plaster to hide it...I even thought of a false nail,but it's obvious that I wont be able to apply glue and it might inhibit the new growth.Missing toenail problem?
a good nail technician will be able to sculpt a false nail directly onto the skin. it will not inhibit the growth of a new nail.Missing toenail problem?
I've had an ingrowing toenail removed and was told the whole toenail would be taken away! I said no way for the reason you mention, wearing sandals. However, I was told at the hospital you can use nail varnish on the part where the nail should be - it will be hard probably so will give a good base for painting. Use a clear base varnish before applying colour. Just a thought though, isn't your toe painful? Is it worth risking open toed shoes if someone might stand on it? Be careful...
why mouthwash??? just dont wear open toe sandals.
omg!!!!! so did my sister the ohther day
use a band aid
try wearing socks the ones that go all the way up to your knees with a Small miniskirt.white ones are good MMMMMMMmmmmmm.....
If I had an infection on my toenail, I'd want to air that thing our as much as possible and not hide it or make excuses for an unattractive nail. If it really is something that is bothering you looking at it, I'd ask your peditrist what is the best way to handlle the situation. I don't think soaking your foot in Listerine is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment