Friday, January 15, 2010

Blister under toenail and running...?

I have been trying to read up on the web about it but it doesn't say if the blister will go away on it's own. It does hurt but I don't want to pop it. It's small therefore should it pop on it's own and if I wrap it can I still run?Blister under toenail and running...?
If you have blister under your nail, please don't pop it. It is not healthy to insert anything under the nail for any reason. You may end up doing much more damage if you try to pop it.





Blister occurs from too much pressure or too much rubbing. Either way, it is a sign of possibly improperly fitted shoes - maybe it is too tight? I would consider changing to a larger shoe, possibly of different style.





If the blister does not cause any pain or discomfort, you can keep on running. It probably will take a long time to heal. Just keep a track of its appearance - if it changes and may look worse, please go see a Podiatrist.Blister under toenail and running...?
When you get a blister under your toenail, sometimes it's impossible to pop it unless you want to stick a needed through your toenail. I don't have the guts to do that. If it's not too painful, sure, go ahead and run. The blister will eventually heal itself, but it could take a while. I got a blood blister under my toenail at a marathon that took like 6 months to completely heal (meaning that there was no evidence of it whatsoever). It stopped hurting within a few days, so I ran with it all the time.
How long have you had it? If it has been 2 days or less--I don't think I would pop it. Reason--give it some time to build up a new skin underneath. If it is older--then you might consider breaking it. Running?? If there is no chance of tearing the blister top skin off, it might be ok but I would not take a chance of tearing the top skin off until it has had time to form a new skin underneath. Just my opinion.
  • beauty secrets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment