Friday, May 14, 2010

Ingrown toenail surgery questions(only ppl who've had it)?

So I'm going to the podiatrist today nd I have an ingrown toenail so I'm prbly going to have the surgery today nd so I Was wondering if they hurt nd overall what happens nd I'd like to know from ppl who actually had the surgeryIngrown toenail surgery questions(only ppl who've had it)?
I've had all 4 borders of both my big toenails removed AND I worked for a podiatrist for many years. The part that hurts the most really is getting your toe numbed up. After that, you shouldn't feel a thing. If you do, tell your doctor right away!


Since working for a podiatrist, the one thing I would insist on is your doctor should use a chemical on your nail bed where the nail was removed (the doc I work for uses phenol). That stops the nail from just growing back and becoming ingrown again! Your toenail will look a little smaller than it did, but it really shouldn't be noticible.


I've had patients who have played soccer the next day, I even drove to Chicago the same day after having my surgery!


You shouldn't be that uncomfortable, but if you notice it becoming red, swollen and painful call your doctor and let them know right away. Good luck!Ingrown toenail surgery questions(only ppl who've had it)?
i had it all they did to me was that thy cut the skin with the nail and it really doesn't hert that Much jest a little during the surgery but i wouldn't call it surgery it jest makes you nerves oh and they tell you to put gel on it and put the leg/Hand in worm water or something

No comments:

Post a Comment