Monday, May 10, 2010

I have an ingrown toenail??!!?

I have an ingrown toenail and I am planning to get it removed tomorrow. However, I have a basketball match on wednesday.....


should i try and remove it myself (although i tried it before and it REALLY hurt)


or


get it removed by a professional tomorrow???


or


leave until after wednesday??





Thanks :)I have an ingrown toenail??!!?
I'v been dealing with Ingrown toenails all my life. And please bare in mind this is my opinion and I'v found it to work and be cheaper then getting it removed professionally.





Normally my ingrown toenails come back ever 3-4 months. It really depends on what stage your at. If you have it infected of course your going to deal with pain. what you want to do it cut kind of a half U on the side thats ingrown with a knife, after that get tweezers and just keep pulling it till it comes out. You are going to feel pain from the infection so before and after put a cap of hydrogen peroxide in the area. Then it'll be just fine.





If its not infected you will have it worlds easier. Just cut the U part and pull till it comes out. Now after you get it out cut a V in the very top part of your toenail that way your nail will grow in a little to try to heal it thus taking the ingrown part out for a small amount of time.





I have had friends and family go to the doctors and get the ingrown part removed. It only worked for a year at most then came back.





As long as you can endure the pain of pushing your skin apart to put the tweezers in there you grab the nail thats the most amount of pain your get.





Good luck and hope whatever you do works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment